Science & Technology
Project Seabird (Karwar naval base) in Karnataka will be one of the largest naval bases of India and will be completed in two phases. It will house various warships including India's largest warship and aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya.
Jade Rabbit : also known Yutu is an unmanned lunar rover that forms part of the Chinese Chang'e 3 mission to the Moon. It was launched on 1 December 2013, and reached the Moon's surface on 14 December 2013. The mission marks the first soft landing on the Moon since 1976 and the first rover to operate there since the Soviet Lunokhod 2 ceased operations on 11 May 1973
Nitrocellulose (also: cellulose nitrate, flash paper, flash cotton, guncotton, flash string) is a highly flammable compound formed by nitrating cellulose through exposure to nitric acid or another powerful nitrating agent. When used as a propellant or low-order explosive, it was originally known as guncotton. If the cellulose is not fully nitrated then it has found uses as a plastic film and in inks and wood coatings. Nitrocellulose plasticized by camphor was used by Kodak, and other suppliers, from the late 1880s as a film base in photography, X-ray films and motion picture films; and was known as nitrate film
Hydrocynaic acid : Used in judicial execution in US.
IRNSS-1B second satellite of seven satellite series of IRNSS , to be completed by mid 2015. India also launched third satellite in Oct '14 through PSLV.
Peeper : First Humanoid Robot
Kepler 10c : Planet having 17 times size that of earth
Raptor : Robot who can outrun Usain Bolt
Dragon V2 Capsule: built by Space X
INS Kamorta : anti-submarine corvette- indigenously built.
- ultra-modern aircraft carrier
- second aircraft carrier of India, first is INS Viraat
- china has only one
- India's first aircraft carrier.
- It will be scrapped.
- India's first nuclear submarine
- India's second nuclear submarine
- Indian space programme is most cost effective in the world.
- India should share fruit of space development with other countries esp. developing countries
total 5 foreign satellites were launched
1. SPOT-07 - was french Earth Observation Satellite , it was the primary payload
2. AISAT - Global sea traffic monitoring system from Germany
3 & 4. CAN-X4 ( NLS-7.1) & CAN-X5 (NLS-7.2) : Canadian satellites
5. VELOX-1 : Singapore satellite for technology demonstrator for an image sensor.
- feel only two weak forces - gravity , weak nuclear force
- Does not feel electro magnetism & strong nuclear force
- It has been established that neutrino has mass.
- neutrino spontaneously transform between three varities of them - electron , muon, & tau neutrinos.
DNA Data Bank
- SC directed , Govt planning for a Bill
- DNA profiling of unclaimed bodies and missing persons
- Help ascertain whether there is a link between the unidentified bodies and person who went missing.
- establishment of ID is an essential feature of individual's dignity
- will also involve issues pertaining to right to privacy as well since people may object to such test.
Magnetic levitated technology
- It has two important feature, one magnetic field to counter gravity or any other acceleration and stability.
- Used in high speed transport systems
- India willing to use in high speed train
- The Economic Survey has warned that high tariff and large passenger volumes are required to justify investment in the project, which is highly capital intensive in nature
- It is the process by which the power of the many can be leveraged to accomplish feats that were once the province of a specialized few.
- Process of seeking contributions, raising fund, service, new ideas, content, pictures and information from large pool of people especially from internet or online community.
- Rational behind it is that more minds are better than single mind
- output is inexpensive and often free.
- Tedious work is divided and each one adds his contribution which helps to get better quality of content and ideas.
- Geosynchronous Satellite launch vehicle
- Heaviest indigenous launch vehicle
- can put satellites of 4500-5000 Kg
- The vehicle will have multi-mission launch capability.
- Long range sub-sonic cruise missile
- Range of over 1000 Km
- Can evade radar
- can be launch from mobile launcher.
- Mission to mars
- cheapest space technology
- Study why mars lost atmosphere, presence of water
- US marven (mars atmosphere and volatile Evolution mission) will also collaborate with mangalyaan mission
- Spacecraft by European Space agency
- first to orbit a comet and study composition
- launched in 2004 reached comet in 2014.
- Philae, its lander module.