From Just Wiki
Universal Ethical Principles
- Compassion; concern for the well-being of others.
- Non-malfeasance; avoiding inflicting suffering and hardship on others.
- Beneficence; preventing and alleviating others’ suffering; meeting the needs of the most vulnerable; promoting others’ happiness (strongest toward our family and friends).
- Fairness; treating people the way they deserve to be treated; as having equal rights unless merit or need justifies special treatment.
- Courage; in opposing injustice.
- Respect for individual autonomy; not manipulating rational individuals even for their own good.
- Respect; for the Constitution and other laws enacted by legitimate governing bodies.
- Honesty; not deceiving anyone who deserves to know the truth.
- Keeping promises; that we made freely.
- Integrity; upholding our obligations in spite of personal inconvenience.